Sunday, January 07, 2007

MY DREAM

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

  • Mick and I are sitting at a large dining table in quite palatial surroundings; other people are at the table too but I don't remember seeing any faces or recognising anyone.
  • There is a knock at a door; the host (unknown to me) says "Don't worry sometimes that happens"
  • I am suddenly going into a large, again palatial, bedroom with a large bay window, there are two beds. I wonder where Mick is. I go to the first bed but a man is asleep in it. I wonder for a moment am I in the right room; but looking round I know I am in our room. I go to the other bed; there is a man asleep in that too. I think "Where are Mick and I going to sleep?"
  • The second man sits up; I take out my camera and take his picture; I think "I'll put this on my blog"
  • I am suddenly a child; about 9 or 10 years of age.
  • I go into my parents room; my younger sister is asleep in a bed in there.
  • I say to my parents "I'm going to sleep on the couch; there are people in our room".
  • My mother says "Yes the host said can happen".
  • I have something? in my hand.
  • I see a crevice in a large wooden piece of furniture; it has a note in it saying that if I open the item in my hand something will be revealed.
  • I open the thing in my hand; a small orange button with 4 holes in drops out; about 5 more buttons drop from the ceiling onto the carpet; all are orange except for one; this is white and still has thread running through its holes.
  • I am now standing wet and naked from having a shower.
  • My father gets into the shower.
  • All the lights go out.
  • Still wet I get into my sister's bed; put my hand on her and tell her not to worry as I am here to protect her. I am not frightened at all.
  • As my eyes grow accustomed to the dark I look at the wallpaper; a Red Indian village theme; a Red Indian steps out of the wall; he is not a chief with headdress just an ordinary Indian. I am not frightened.

THIS IS WHEN I WOKE UP; ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED (I DON'T KNOW WHAT OF); I WAS SWEATING, CRYING AND MY HEART WAS THUMPING.

The meanings Manda and I have found for certain key words:

  • Eating in company; can show a fear of being alone, suggests a need for company and emotional support
  • Palatial (possibly as in castle?); a defended space may represent the feminine nature, or a place of safety and our innermost selves
  • Knocking on door; a warning of some sort of difficulty
  • Bedroom; a safety zone
  • Strangers (as in intruders in my bedroom); the taking on of the masculine role
  • Camera; recording events or occasions we may need to remember (I am assuming my blog)
  • Child; inner child giving you clarity for a wholeness previously unrecognised
  • Mother; needing nurturing
  • Father; about power, presence of love; maybe that all is not settled in the world
  • Sister; sensitive side of ourselves
  • Crevice (as in crack); the irrational, unexpected or our inability to mentally keep it together
  • Buttons (only reference we could find was circles); represents the "self"
  • Holes in buttons (as in dots in circle); signifies the soul in completion and femininity
  • Thread; symbolises an enquiry regarding the way our lives are going
  • Orange; passion in ones life
  • White; people feel they can rely on you; an abundance of energy and vitality
  • Nakedness; reveals vulnerability that lies below the surface of our more confident selves; a general sense that if you were fully known you would not be fully accepted; a desire to be open and honest
  • Shower (as in hair washing); a need to clear your/mind head in order to think clearly; can also represent a need to wash someone out of your hair (usually the next person in your dream).....N.B. the next person in my dream was my father..for reasons I will not disclose this is somewhat apt
  • Darkness; some kind of negativity; a state of confusion or the depressed hidden side of the personality
  • Wallpaper; symbolises an outer facade of some kind
  • Tent (as in Indian village theme); maybe unable to settle down; perhaps need to get away from responsibilities for a time
  • Totem Pole (as in Indian village theme); links us with a primitive need for protection; a need to look at parts of our lives based around our belief system




All I Have To Do Is Dream
By Roy Orbison

2 comments:

RUTH said...

Actually reading between the lines I think I can see why I dreamt what I dreamt. The interpretations are all pretty poignant. Of course it could just be all a load of rubbish....maybe as Analia said on one of her comments...it's something to do with the lottery...well if you don't see any posts from me for a few weeks you'll know I've won big and that Mick and I are sitting on a hot sunny beach sipping cocktails!

Unknown said...

Fascinating